1. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn?
I learned to knit from my mother when I was six years old, so I've been knitting for 27 years.
2. Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I consider myself as pretty advanced knitter.
3. What are your favorite colors? Any you dislike?
My favourite colours are many, green and brown are probably the ones I wear most. I like all earthy, autumnal colours.
4. Do you like Latvian type patterns? If so, what are your favorite patterns?
I do like traditional colourwork mittens a lot. I also like more modern ones like felted mitts with emroidered embellishments.
5. Do you desire mittens for yourself, your "special someone else" or your child?
I would like to receive a pair for myself, please.
6. What other things do you enjoy knitting?
Anything except doilies. However, I don't knit many sweaters, I enjoy knitting smaller knits or shawls.
7. What sort of needles do you enjoy working with? (straights vs circs, bamboo vs aluminum)
Circulars, but all the socks, mittens and gloves with dpn's. I prefer wooden incl. bamboo needles.
8. What's one project you've not yet tried but are dying to make?
I have many. I haven't knit much colour work lately, I think it might be something in that area.
9. What's one yarn you've not yet tried but are dying to work with?
Again; there are so many yarns that are hard to come by in Europe. Socks that Rock, Fleece Artist sock yarn, Koigu, any indie sock yarns...
10. What other hobbies do you have? Do you spin? Sew? Garden? Cook?
I sing in a choir and enjoy occational art exhibitions. I also read a bit, mainly novels.
11. Besides yarn, do you collect anything?
Knitting books and other good books.
12. What kind of goodies do you enjoy? Sweets? Salty? Anything you hate or are allergic to?
Chocolate and licorice. Dried fruits, especially dried apple is something I go wild for. I can't stand coconut.
13. Do you have any kids? Pets?
I have a three-year-old son and a kitten.
14. What is your favorite part of Winter?
February when it's proper winter with snow and lots of minus degrees. Usually sunny, too.
15. What is your least favorite part of Winter?
November-December when it's dark and raining sleet. There's hardly ever snow on Christmas in Southern Finland.